The Philanthropy and Territory Department of Compagnia di San Paolo promotes actions developed by the organised civil society - families, individuals, groups and organisations - aiming to improve life in local communities through economic, cognitive, technical, inventive and human resources.
These are the strategic objectives of the Area:
• Contributing to the infrastructure of the social innovation ecosystem in the metropolitan city of Turin by encouraging co-operative practices between parties and the action of incubators and accelerators; selectively favouring initiatives that create "innovative environments" in the rest of the Northwest.
• Developing the link between innovation and creating jobs in its many facets, especially in the social field.
• Encouraging social practices aimed at the co-operation and co-responsibility among citizens regarding care of public spaces and the environment and exploiting underutilised resources. This can also be carried out through projects featuring circular and sharing economy .
• Supporting practices that promote social enterprise formation.
• Supporting territorial capacity to autonomously build vital projects of community philanthropy, in the form of foundations or other organisational instruments.
• Improving and making the relationship between scientific research on the territory and Compagnia's action profitable, as well as spreading a culture of policy-making based on research evidence among local decision-makers.
A whole day dedicated to the most innovative tools for effective and measureable philanthropy.
The seventh edition of FOUNDAMENTA, an Italian call for business ideas and startups with a social impact, and the first edition of the call Design Your Impact.
Philanthropy and Territory
Address: c.so Vittorio Emanuele II, 75 – 10128 Torino
tel. +39 011 5596911
fax +39 011 532725