On Sunday 2 December at 11.30am in via delle Orfane 15 the church and co-housing project are being inaugurated.
The church, the choir and the former convent of Santa Chiara, in via delle Orfane in Turin, make up the remaining portion of the large religious complex which began to be built in 1740 by the Clarisse nuns. In 2015 the Congregation of the Little Servants of the Sacred Heart of Jesus for the Sick Poor, who owned the property but were no longer able to live there and wanted to continue using it for social purposes, entrusted it on loan to Gruppo Abele which then started a co-housing project: a collective residence for young people who welcome other young people in situations of economic and / or social vulnerability.
Donations from Compagnia di San Paolo made it possible to start a redevelopment process that began with the church’s restoration, continued with that of the former convent and now involve that of the choir, currently in the pipeline.
The co-housing project set up by Gruppo Abele is supported by the Housing Programme of Compagnia di San Paolo
The church of Santa Chiara is part of the project edificisacri.compagniadisanpaolo.it
The inauguration of the church is on 2 December at 11.30; Chair Francesco Profumo is taking part on behalf of Compagnia di San Paolo.
There are guided tours of the buildings from 2.30pm. Please call to book at 011 0674854 or via email at: email@example.com
Admission is allowed while seats are available.
Gallery - Chiesa di Santa Chiara